|CHINESE GOVERNMENT SCHOLARSHIP OF ACADEMIC YEAR 2013/2014 OPEN FOR APPLYING|
The Chinese Scholarship Council has offered another 5 quotas of full scholarships for Bahraini students in 2013/3014 academic year, which will accept applications from 20 Jan, 2013,through the Chinese Embassy in Bahrain.
The Chinese Government Scholarship program is established by the Ministry of Education of P.R. China in accordance with educational exchange agreements or understandings reached between the Chinese government and governments of other countries to provide scholarships to international students and scholars. The program is intended to increase mutual understanding between the Chinese people and people from the rest of the world, as well as to make an international contribution to the education field.
More than 20 Bahraini students have been given opportunities to study at Chinese universities so far. Currently, 7 Bahraini students are studying in China under the program.
The Full Scholarship covers the following:
- Exempt from registration fee, tuition fee, fee for laboratory experiment, fee for internship, fee for basic learning materials; and accommodation fee for dormitory on campus;v - Living allowance;
- One-off settlement subsidy after registration for new student;
- Fee for outpatient medical service, Comprehensive Medical Insurance and Protection Scheme for International Students in China;
- One-off inter-city travel subsidy.
1) Costs of the laboratory experiment or internship beyond the institution's arrangements should be self-afforded.
2) Fee for basic learning materials only covers the necessary learning materials prescribed by the host institution .Other textbooks and materials shall be self-afforded.
3) Monthly allowance is granted to the students through the host institution at the following rates (CNY Yuan per month):
- Undergraduates & Chinese language students: CNY 1,400 Yuan
- Master's degree students & general scholars: CNY 1,700 Yuan
- Doctoral degree students & senior scholars: CNY 2,000 Yuan
Scholarship students shall receive their monthly living allowance after registration. New students who register before 15th (15th included) of the registration month will get the full amount of living allowance of that month, and those who register after 15th will get half amount of that month. Students upon graduation will get a living allowance for another 15 days after the graduation date set by the university. The allowance will be terminated from the following month after the students suspend their studies, drop school or complete schooling from the university. Monthly living allowance covers school holidays. Scholarship students who missed the monthly living allowance during holidays could be reimbursed upon their return on campus. The allowance will be suspended for at least one month for those students who do not register on time without permission from the university, leave for non-health reasons or are absent from university over a month.
Students who have to suspend their studies for pregnancy or for health reasons are required to go back to their home countries for labor or for treatment. The international travel expenses should be covered by the students themselves. With the university's approval, the scholarship status can be reserved for up to one year and their living allowances will be suspended during their leave. The scholarship status will not be reserved for those who suspend their studies for other reasons.
4) New students will get a one-off settlement subsidy upon their arrival in China.
- CNY 1,000 Yuan for new students who will study in China for less than one academic year
- CNY 1,500 Yuan for new students who will study in China for one academic year and above
5) Fee for outpatient medical service refers to the outpatient expense in the institution's hospital or the hospitals entrusted by the institution. The students are to cover a certain percentage of expense in accordance with the institution's regulations.
6) Comprehensive Medical Insurance and Protection Scheme for International Students in China is provided by MOE for the scholarship students in China in case of hospitalizing for serious diseases and accidental injuries. The institutions or the entrusted medical assistance agencies provide advancement service for insurance expenses, and claim for compensation with relevant payment receipts from the insurance company according to the stipulated insurance articles. For scholarship student, the individual claim will not be accepted by the insurance company.
7) One-off inter-city travel subsidy (each for coming-in and leaving China)
A hard-seat train ticket (hard-berth train ticket for overnight trip) will be provided for scholarship students traveling.
From the port of entry upon registration to the city where the admitting institution or Chinese language training institution or preparatory education institution is located;
From the Chinese language training institution or the preparatory education institution to the city where the university for major study is located;
From the city where the institution is located to the nearest port for departure upon graduation.
Meal and excess of baggage should be self-afforded.
In principle, the port of entry is Beijing, or a port of entry near where the university is located.
For more information, please come to the Embassy of P. R. China in Bahrain for consulting, or log on the CSC website: http://www.csc.edu.cn/laihua.