Getting Married in the Philippines

The Philippine Government requires all foreigners to provide a "Legal Capacity to Contract Marriage" from his/her embassy before filing for a marriage license in the Philippines. The Chinese Embassy provides an Affidavit in lieu of Certificate of Legal Capacity to Contract Marriage.

Documents Required

1) One fully completed Notarization Application Form.

2) The original passport and a photocopy of the photo/information page of the passport.

3) The original and a photocopy of the Philippine ACR I-Card, or a photocopy of your Philippine visa. The applicant should have stayed in the Philippines over 6 months.

4) The original and photocopy of Divorce Decree(s) or Death Certificate(s) (if applicable).

5) The Declaration form signed before the consular officer of the Embassy. The blank form is available when applying at the window.

How to Apply

1) Personal appearance is required.

2) No appointment is needed.

Application Fee (Unit: Peso) and Processing Time

Regular Service       4th working day

1200 per document

Express  Service     3rd working day

2300 per document

RushService            2nd working day

2900 per document

Payment upon pick up.

Only cash payment is accepted.

Form Download

Notarization Application Form

Suggest to a friend: