|Notice on All Requirements for China-bound Foreign Passengers|
In view of recent increase of imported Covid-19 infection cases to China, adjustments are made to the requirements for people travelling to China in accordance with the relevant prevention guidelines and in order to prevent further spread of Covid-19 and protect the health and safety of travelers.
1. Passengers from Qatar to China will be required to apply for a Electronic Health Declaration Form from the Chinese Embassy in Qatar upon presentation of one nucleic acid test (PCR) and one IgM anti-body test results.
The Tests must be taken at a registered medical institution in Qatar (see attachment for the list of the hospitals) within 48 hours (from sample collected time) before boarding.
List of the COVID-19 nucleic acid testing hospitals designated or recognized by Chinese Embassy in Qatar
(please make appointment in advance)
List of the COVID-19 IgM anti-body testing hospitals designated or recognized by Chinese Embassy in Qatar
(please make appointment in advance)
2. Foreign passengers can apply for the Electronic Health Declaration Form by logging on the website of http://hrhk.cs.mfa.gov.cn/H5/ via computer or smart phone or scan the QR code below . Foreign passengers can fill in the information, declare the health status and upload the testing certificates online, which will then be examined and verified by the Chinese Embassy. Upon approval, they will receive the Electronic Health Declaration Form, which will be displayed in QR code with the "HDC" mark. Foreign passengers must present the electronic code or printed the code, and follow the procedures for inspection by relevant airlines during boarding.
3. China-bound foreign passengers departing from Qatar can only transit once to China, otherwise the QR code with "HDC" mark for boarding will not be issued. These passengers must upload:
(1) Test certificates of Covid-19 PCR and IgM antibody tests within 48 hours before boarding issued by recognized institutions by the Chinese Embassy;
(2) Itineraries for the whole trip;
(3) Qatari passport (for Qatari citizens) or residence permit (for other foreigners in the Qatar).
(4) Vaccination Certificate (If you are vaccinated)
(5) Letter of Commitment on COVID-19 Vaccination (If you are vaccinated, attachment 1)
(6) The entry stamp of your last entry into Qatar on your passport, and the exit stamp of the country you left before your last entry into Qatar on your passport.
Those who cannot provide all the real documents listed above will not receive the QR code with "HDC" mark.
4. Passengers who were diagnosed as Covid-19 patient or whose PCR, IgM or IgG test result was positive, must take 2 PCR tests at least 24 hours apart and send the negative test certificates and pulmonary CT or X-ray diagnosis certificates issued by local hospitals to email@example.com.
Please be ware: pulmonary CT or X-ray can be done after your recovery, 2 PCR tests must be done 3 days before sending to the embassy.
After being approved by the Embassy, the passengers must self-isolate for at least 14 days and make sure that they are symptom-free. These passengers are requested to fill up the Personal Health Monitoring Form (attachment 2) during the self-isolation. Then, the passengers can do the PCR and IgM tests within 48 hours before boarding and upload their negative test certificates as well as the Personal Health Monitoring Form to apply for the QR code with "HDC" mark.
5. Passengers who have been vaccinated can upload their vaccination certificate and Letter of Commitment on COVID-19 Vaccination (attachment 1) to apply for the QR code with "HDC" mark, provided that at least 14 days have passed after completing the vaccination (having had all the required doses of the vaccine).
6. COVID-19 close contacts refer to those who have unprotected contacts with confirmed Covid-19 patients or asymptomatic coronavirus carriers.
Covid-19 close contacts (even if you are vaccinated) are requested to:
(1) self-isolate for at least 14 days after the unprotected contact; and fill up the Personal Health Monitoring Form (attachment 2) during the self-isolation.
(2) take 3 PCR tests on the 1st, 4th and 7th day during the 14-day quarantine.
(3) passengers can do the PCR and IgM tests within 48 hours before boarding and upload their negative test certificates as well as the Personal Health Monitoring Form and all negative tests report during the self-isolation to apply for the QR code with "HDC" mark.
7. Passengers take a flight to China via connecting flights must make sure they meet the boarding requirements of the transit airports, which may include but not limited to taking the Tests in the transit country within 48 hours (from sample collected time) before boarding and applying for a Electronic Health Declaration Form from the Chinese Embassy/Consulate in the transit country. Passengers are therefore advised to find out about the entry regulations and Tests requirements of the transit country before traveling. Failure to enter the transit country, or to meet the requirements on Tests or Health Declaration Form, could result in heightened infection risk or being stranded.
8. Passengers to China are advised to read the requirements carefully and follow them accordingly to avoid denied boarding or change of itinerary due to the failure in providing negative Tests results and obtain a certified Health Declaration Form.