|Notice on Requiring China-bound Passengers to Obtain COVID-19 Negative Certificates before Boarding|
In accordance with the joint announcement of the Civil Aviation Administration, the General Administration of Customs and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of China, starting from 1st September 2020, Chinese and foreign travelers who are to fly from the Vietnam to China are required to take nucleic acid tests for COVID-19 within three days before boarding and only those who test negative will be allowed to board the plane.
The following procedures are for foreign travelers to follow:
1. All foreign passengers bound for China from Vietnamese airports shall be required to take nucleic acid tests for COVID-19 conducted by designated institutions (Attachment 1) and get Nucleic Acid Test Certificates with negative result within 72 hours prior to boarding flights.
2. Passengers shall fill in and sign the Health Declaration Form (Attachment 2) and are required to send scanned copy of the signed Forms, together with the Nucleic Acid Test Certificates and the photocopies of the front-page of passports to the Chinese Embassy or Consulates (according to the location of the testing institutions) by email:
Chinese Embassy : firstname.lastname@example.org
Consulate-General in Ho Chi Minh city : email@example.com
Consulate-General in Da Nang: firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Certified Health Declaration Forms with a validity period of 3 days (starting from the issuing date of the Nucleic Acid Test Certificates from the designated institutions) shall be issued by the Chinese Embassy or the Consulates and sent back to the applicants by email. Please be noted that it shall take at least 1 working day for the verification by the Chinese Embassy or the Consulates.
4.Passengers shall be required to present the print-out certified Health Declaration Form within the validity period during check-in or before boarding flight and cooperate with airlines for further checking. Please be noted that passengers with expired Health Declaration Forms won't be allowed to board and are required to conduct new Nucleic Acid Tests as well as applying for new Health Declaration Forms.
5. All passengers bound for China from Vietnamese airports shall follow relavant laws and regulations and provide genuine and effective Nucleic Acid Test Certificates. Passengers who provide false certificates or information shall bear corresponding legal liabilities.
6. For foreign passengers who transit to China via other countries that require valid Health Declaration Forms for boarding (please see https://hr.cs.mfa.gov.cn/help_two/help-two/gj.html, select ENGLISH version on the top right of the page) will also be required to show Health Declaration Forms during transit. Please make sure that the Forms will be still valid when boarding the connecting flights.
7. Please be noted that a certified Health Declaration Form is NOT a Chinese visa. For visa service, please visit official website of the Chinese Visa Application Service Center in Hanoi at https://bio.visaforchina.org/HAN2_EN/aboutus/267773.shtml.