|How to Avoid Rush Hours and Save Your Time|
May 18, 2005
1. Applicants are suggested to avoid the following busy dates and the long line:
1) All Mondays and Tuesdays;
2) First 2-3 days after the holidays of the Passport and Visa Office;
3) All afternoons.
Generally speaking, it is less crowded during the first hour of the day, 9:00-10:00. Applicants are suggested to submit the applications as early as possible.
2. To save your time, please visit our website first to find out procedure, requirements and prepare all the documents in advance according to the instructions on our website, especially passport pictures, application forms, and copies of supporting documents.
3. The period from April to June is the busiest time for the Passport and Visa Office. One entry visas are generally valid for 3 months from the date of application and 2-entry visas are generally valid for 6 months. To save your time, please submit the application as early as possible according to your travel plan.
4. The following applications can be done by mail according to the instructions on our website:
1) living certificates
But please be noticed that no visa can be done by mail services.
Passport and Visa Office
Consulate General of the P.R. China in New York